Youtube is one of the most popular platforms on the internet. It allows users from across the globe to share their personal or business videos with friends, family, customers, and even to anyone from any location. Anyone can search and watch videos on Youtube as long as they have a cellphone, tablet, laptop, desktop, and internet connection.
Youtube offers a wide range of video categories from news, politics, history, documentary, entertainment, Travel, Sports, Life Style, Music, Movies, Health and Fitness, education, household, food, recipes, skincare, healthcare, beauty, business, money matters, credit cards, Unboxing, Product Reviews, gadgets and so much more than you can think of. Youtube has become the source of knowledge and information for a lot of topics.
Aside from the knowledge and entertainment that users can benefit from Youtube, content creators or vloggers (short term for video bloggers) are also given an opportunity to earn money from the video content they upload. Thousands of Youtube Vloggers have turned their passion or hobby into a steady income. That is why, a lot of people are now creating their own Youtube Channel, create videos, and upload them to their Youtube Channel.
There are a lot of ways that you can make money with your Youtube channel.
#1) The most popular way on generating revenue from Youtube is through Youtube video ads powered by Google Adsense.
In order for Youtubers to start earning in their Youtube vlogs, they need first to have enough video views and subscribers to become a Youtube Partner and start displaying ads on the videos. Once the ads are displayed, Youtubers can start earning revenues.
If you are a popular person and have a lot of followers on your other social media accounts from different social media platforms such as Facebook personal profile, Facebook Fan Page or Business Page, Instagram, Twitter, Tiktok, WhatsApp, Messenger, WeChat, QQ, Tumblr, Reddit, Viber, Snapchat, Pinterest, Baidu Tieba, the live streaming Apps such as Bigo and thousand others more, then you should create a Youtube channel if you wish to earn an extra income. It will not be that hard for you to gain the required watch hours and minimum subscriber requirement because all you need do is upload your videos on Youtube or do a live stream. Promote your Youtube channel to your fans and followers.
There are a lot of ways that Youtubers can gather enough views. But before we get further with the video views, let us first discuss how to start from scratch.
- The first step for you to get started with Youtube is to create a Gmail email address if you haven’t got one yet. Go to google.com and look at the upper right-hand side of the screen. You will see the word “Gmail” like the picture below. Click it and create a Gmail account. You will use your Gmail account to create an account with Youtube.
- After you have created a Gmail account, your email will automatically link to Youtube. Set up your Youtube profile by adding a profile picture. The next thing you need to do is create a channel. After your channel is created, you can start uploading interesting videos. Share your videos with your friends and relatives and on your social media accounts to generate more video views. Make sure you make your video interesting so that your viewers will keep coming back to watch more videos from you. Don’t forget to remind your viewers to subscribe on your channel and hit the notification bell so that they will be notified every time you upload a new video. Ask them also to like & share your videos to help your channel gain more reach and more views. The more videos you can upload, the more views you gain and the more Ads revenue will go to your wallet.
#2) Our number 2 choice on how to earn money on Youtube is through “Youtube Super Chat“
Our second choice is earning money through Youtube Super Chat. This happens during live streaming where your viewers can make a donation by sending stickers of different colors on the comment box. Each color has its own amount. In exchange for their donation, you will read aloud and make a shoutout to the donor’s name and read the message sent on a sticker. That colored message is highlighted for everyone to notice in the chatroom to read. If they are happy with what you are discussing in your live stream then your followers will send their thank you token in a form of a monetary sticker. Youtube will take a cut of 30% from the total amount of donations. The leftover will go to your Adsense account and will be transferred to your bank account on top of your video ads revenue.
#3) Our number 3 choice is to earn money through Youtube Membership
Here is another way of making another income on top of the other revenues you get from your Youtube Channel, a way of maximizing income opportunities that Youtube has to offer. Here is how it works. You need to have at least 30,000 subscribers or 1,000 subscribers for gaming channels to activate Youtube Membership Program. You also need to be vlogging in Youtubes approved territories. Your contents must NOT be set as “made for kids”. Must have few ineligible videos or demonetized videos. You must agree to all Youtube’s terms and conditions. You also must be a Youtube Partner already. Once your application is approved for the Youtube Membership Program, a “Join” button will sit beside the “Subscribe” button on your Youtube Channel. You will break down your membership offer into tiers. Each tier will be assigned a name, amount, and perk that they can benefit from, for example, tier 1 is Starter: $3.99/month and has access to special live streams. Advanced: $5.99/month includes exclusive Shoutouts Premium: $10.99/month Engagement with the vlogger. This is only an example.
#4) Our number 4 choice is to earn money in Youtube through Affiliate Marketing.
A lot of Youtubers rely on income with their Youtube Ads only or Super Chat donations, but they can go beyond that if they have the time and effort to do so. First of all, let us get to know what Affiliate Marketing is all about. A better way to explain the meaning of Affiliate Marketing is to set an example.
Let us think of Amazon as our example. Amazon is an eCommerce platform that sells different products such as Skincare, Food, Health products, Vitamins, Multivitamins, Food Supplements, Computer Laptop, Desktop, Tablets, Cellphones (used and brand new), Cellphone Accessories, Cellphone Cases, Laptop Bags, Tablet Cases, Hand Bags, Baking materials and equipment, books, housewares, home and gardening and many, many more. Too many to mention indeed.
Although Amazon is very popular and generates an estimated per minute sale of $4,722 in 2021, Amazon is still embracing the Affiliate Marketing Strategy to maintain its position when it comes to sales and revenue. Amazon Affiliate Marketing is not new in 2020 and 2021. It actually started back in the 20th Century. We are now in the 21st Century, right? The 20th century started on January 01, 1901, and ended on December 31, 2000. 21st Century started on January 01, 2001, and will end on December 31, 2100.
Amazon Affiliate Marketing Program is called Amazon Associates. It is one of the largest affiliate marketing programs in the world. Amazon Associates Program offers opportunities for content creators, publishers, bloggers and Youtube vloggers to monetize their traffic. At the same time, this traffic will also help Amazon expand its reach globally and triples its revenue. With millions of products and programs available on Amazon, associates use easy link-building tools to direct their audience to their recommendations and earn from qualifying purchases and programs. To join Amazon Associates, you have to follow some steps enumerated below.
There are 3 steps to complete, to start earning commissions with Amazon Associates.
- Sign up – Join tens of thousands of creators, publishers, and bloggers who are earning with the Amazon Associates Program.
- Recommend – Share millions of Amazon products with your audience. Customized linking tools for large publishers, individual bloggers and social media influencers are available in your account dashboard. Copy these links and paste them into your Youtube vlogs, website, or other social media platform. Facebook Term of Service allows users to link Affiliate Marketing, as well as Amazon Associate’s Terms of Service (TOS), allows Amazon affiliate links posted from personal profiles and Facebook pages. You just have to make sure to understand and comply with Facebook’s advertising guidelines.
- Earn– Earn up to 10% in associate commissions from qualifying purchases and programs. Amazon Associate’s competitive conversion rates help maximize your earnings.
To Earn Money in Youtube through Affiliating Marketing, after you signed up from companies offering affiliate programs (See list below), go to your Affiliate dashboard, copy the link that includes your affiliate code from there and then paste it on your Youtube video description. If someone clicks that Amazon Affiliate link, your viewer will then be taken to the Amazon store. You will earn a commission when a product sale is made from that link from Youtube.