HOW TO CONNECT YOUR COMPUTER TO YOUR T.V. USING HDMI CABLE
HDMI Cable ( High-Definition Multimedia Interface) – Using HDMI connection is the best option so far because it transfers the best sound and best video quality to your High Definition TV. Unlike S-Video and VGA connectors, HDMI cable is compact with both audio and video interface for transmitting uncompressed digital data. Uncompressed and Digital are the key words here.
The files being transfered from your laptop to your TV are not compressed that’s why your TV receives the original picture and sound quality. When you buy an HDMI cable, you don’t have to buy an audio connector/cable at all. But, the dark side of it is the fact that only a few laptops has the HDMI port.
I went to a few major electronic stores in Sourthern California like Best Buy, Circuit City, Staples, Office Max, Fry’s, Radioshack and others scouting for laptops with HDMI but I didn’t find one from any of these stores that has it. I found out that none of these stores carry laptops with HDMI port but if you purchase it in their online stores then you will get one with an HDMI port. I have no idea what’s the explanation behind.
If you don’t have an HDMI port in your computer and in your T.V., you can still use this type of connection by using the so-called DVI to HDMI Adaptor. Click Here to read the instruction on How To connect your computer to T.V. using DVI to HDMI Adaptor/Connector.
How To Connect Your Computer To T.V. Using HDMI Cable
- Step 1 : Go over the HDMI T.V. Manual and check for the list of Screen Resolution it supports along with the Refresh Rates.
- Step 2 : Turn On your Computer. Configure the computer Display Settings to synchronize the resolution of your computer & T.V.
To do this, click “Start Menu”, “Display”, “Settings” – configure the display settings here. Apply the settings from your HDMI T.V. Manual. Click Advanced to configure Refresh Rate. Click Here to read instructions on How To configure Display Setting in Windows XP and Windows Vista.
- Step 3 : Turn off both your computer and T. V.
- Step 4 : Plug one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port in your computer.
- Step 5 : Plug the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port in you HDTV.
- Step 6 : Turn on your T.V.
- Step 7 : Click on the Menu Button, then go to Settings and click on HDMI. This time your T.V. is set to receive files from your computer.
- Step 8 : Turn on or Boot your computer. Your T.V. should now be displaying what is displayed in your computer.
- Step 9 : You can now start to watch movies or videos in your big screen.