Step-by-Step instructions on how to fix font error in Photoshop-Selected font failed during last operation. If problem persists, please disable the font.
After you installed new fonts in your photoshop cc or older version, suddenly, you started getting a small pop up window titled Adobe Photoshop with error message “Selected font failed during last operation. If problem persists, please disable the font.”
To fix this problem:
- close the Adobe Photoshop software.
- after closing Photoshop software, for windows 10 click “This PC”
- click “Windows (C:)
- click “Users”
- on the new window, you will a folder with your file name (whatever it is) and another folder that says “Public”. Click on the folder with your file name.
- click “AppData
- click “Roaming”
- click “Adobe”
- click “Adobe Photoshop 2020 or CC or the older version you are using
- delete “CT Font Cache”
- if you don’t see the files mentioned above,
- on the same window, click “File” on the upper left corner of the window.
- click “Change folder and search options”
- click “View”
- scroll down to “Hidden files and folders” and click “Show hidden files, folders and drives”.
- click “Apply” and “Ok”
- go back to “Windows (C:) if the folders mentioned above don’t automatically appear. Do the same process.
- after deleting “CT Font Cache” folder, close the window and open the “Recycle Bin”.
- click “Empty Recycle Bin” to remove the deleted files from your computer.
- open your Photoshop Software, then test the text tool.
- this time, the error message should be gone and you should be able to use the text tool without any problems.
- if the same error message still pop-up, navigate to the text tool. On the font window, change the current font to another font. The current font on the window must be the one that is having the problem so choose another font and you should be good to go.
GOOD LUCK AND HAPPY DESIGNING!