HOW TO INSTALL iTUNES/iPOD SOFTWARE WITHOUT THE INSTALLER CD
Newer version of iPod doesn’t require you to install the software using an installer CD. If you don’t see a CD in your package upon purchase of the iPod, don’t panic. Keep cool because everthing is under control.
iPod’s newer releases come with an internal installer meaning the installation software comes compact with the USB Cable Connector included in the package. The iTunes USB Cable is used to connect and transfer files from the ipod to the computer and at the same time, it is also capable of installing the iTunes software. Once you plug the USB cable from your ipod to your computer’s USB port, the software will run automatically and begins the installation process.
Before we talk about the installation process, let me first go back a little bit just incase you need this information. Ok, so you have the whole package infront of you. Grab the User’s Manual and read the instructions. If you are in a hurry and don’t have much time to read the manual, just scan the pages and take note of the pictures, drawings and illustrations for your reference.
Turn on the power of your ipod. Pick up the USB cable, insert one end of the cable to the ipod. You can easily identify the port where to insert the cable through matching the size of the USB cable point. After that, run your fingers toward the other end of USB cable then insert that end point to your computer’s USB port. A pop – up balloon will appear somewhere in the lower right corner of your desktop recognizing the itunes software and then the installation process will begin. Look at the screen on your ipod. You should see this ” Do Not Disconnect ” blinking on the screen. You will then be prompted when software is successfully installed or not.
If for some reasons, your internal installer doesn’t work, all you need to do is
- Visit Apple website to download the software.
- Click “Downloads”
- Anohter page opens. On the left hand side of the page you will see “All Downloads” and “Top Downloads”.
- Below Top Downloads, click on “itunes”.
- On the new page, click on
- itunesSetup.exe frame pops up, click on “Save File” button.
- Software will start to download.
- When download is completed, on the “Download Box” double click on ” iTunesSetup/iTunesInstaller.
- Another dialog box opens then click “Run”
- Preparing to Install, just wait.
- Welcome to itunes installer, click I accept button on license agreement then click “Next”
- On Installation Options Frame, click “Install”
- Software starts installing. Sit back, relax and wait for a few minutes until installation is done.
- When installation is completed, a new frame pops up saying ” Congratulations! iTunes has been successfully installed on your computer.
- click on the “Finish” button.
- iTunes Software License Agreement window pops up, click on “Agree”
- Welcome To iTunes, click “Next”
- Find Music Files, click “Next”
- Keep iTunes Media Folder Organized, click “No, I’ll change the files and folder name myself” then click “Next”
- Download Album Artwork, click “Finish”.
- Your iTunes Control Panel will open and starts locating for songs previously saved in your computer.
- After that, you can start browsing for your favorite songs and videos in the itunes store. You can purchase whatever songs you like from the store and start adding them to your Playlist.