How to make money online in 2020
The internet has truly become a money making machine. A lot of people from all walks of lif.e of different age brackets have made millions out of their websites and social media accounts with little to no investment. As long you have a cellphone with an internet connection via wifi or data plan, and you have the time, the skills and the patience, then you are good to go and on your way to making money online. People across the globe wants a piece of that massive fortune that internet has to offer, may it be just for fun and pleasure, part-time for those who needs extra income or even a full-time job for entrepreneur minds, from students, out of school youth, unemployed individuals, professionals, retirees and stay at home moms or dads as well.
We witnessed how big time CEOs have succeeded and acquired billions of dollars because of the internet. This inspired us to build our dreams and be one of them, not necessarily to become millionaires, but at least, earn extra income or earn a decent amount of money to support our family.
To spice-up your dreams and ambitions, let me first mention a few of those very successful online entrepreneurs who made millions and billions of dollars from the internet. Who knows, you could be one of them in the near future.
- Jerry Yang and David Filo, who pioneered the internet sensation by founding yahoo.com in the 1990s, or January 1994 to be exact. Yahoo is now owned by Verizon Media since its purchased on July 25, 2016. The buyout amount was said to be $4.83 billion.
- Larry Page and Sergey Brin followed the founding of google.com while they were Ph.D. students at Stanford University in California in September of 1998, four years after yahoo.com was founded.
- Peter Chin, Jonathan Abrams and Dave Lee, founded the very first social networking platform called Friendster in 2002. This is the first time that people was introduced to social media. Friendster became huge and popular but it was short lived. It slowed down after Facebook started to get noticed sometime in 2008 and 2009 although it was founded in 2004. In 2010, Facebook exploded worldwide. I remembered, I was still hooked-up in my Friendster account in 2007 up to 2009. But Facebook was gaining popularity and an exodus of netizens flocked to this platform to socialize. A few years later, maybe in 2012 or 2013, Friendster sent me a notification to save all my pictures because the platform will be taken down soon until eventually, it was gone.
- Mark Zuckerberg, Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris Hughes founded Facebook in February 2004 and have acquired more attention in 2010 and exploded in 2012 and is now the biggest social media platform as of today followed by Youtube, Instagram, Twitter and a lot more.
- Chad Hurley, Steve Chen and Jawed Karim founded Youtube, an online video-sharing platform founded on Valentines Day, February 14, 2005. Due to Youtube’s popularity and potential, Google purchased Youtube in November 2006 for US$1.65 billion.
- Jack Dorsey, Noah Glass, Biz Stone, and Evan Williams – created Twitter in March, 2006 and launched in July, 4 months after its creation. Twitter is another kind of social media platform where users can post messages through tweets. This is the social media platform that is embraced by US politicians most especially US president Donald Trump.
- Kevin Systrom and Mike Krieger – founded Instagram App on October 6, 2010. In no time, Instagram became the new favorite alongside Facebook, Youtube and Twitter and use the platform for photo-sharing. Millions were already using Instagram and for that reason, it attracted Facebook to buy the company in 2012 for $1 billion. Instagram was awarded the Teen Choice Award for Choice Social Network. The co-founder Kevin Systrom served as the CEO after the purchased and held the position for 8 years before finally leaving the company in September 2018 to focus on another project.
Going back to our main topic, How To Make Money Online, below is a list of some of the many many opportunities that you can make money online.
Earn Money with Google Adsense
The largest and the most popular way to make money online is through Google Adsense. Adsense is owned by Google, Inc. Google Adsense provides an opportunity for online publishers to earn money through their quality website contents or Youtube videos. You will earn money through Adsense by sharing Ad codes in your website. Unlike affiliate links, Adsense pays you everytime a visitor clicks the link. Payment varies from ads to ads. Click here for more details. To earn money with Adsense through Youtube, read below.
Earn Money Online with Social Media
How To Earn Money Using Social Media Platform:
- Youtube Vlogging – It is the most popular way of making money online these days. Watching those Youtube vloggers talking about how easy it is to make $100-$300 a day with Youtube videos, makes viewers get excited and wanting to create their own videos as soon as possible. But actually, it is not that easy. Well, in some cases where you have followers already for being a popular a celebrity, a popular politician or a popular person in general who has millions of fans, then that could be possible. Fans follow their idol wherever they go and that is true in social media. But if you are an ordinary person, it can be a struggle making money on your videos because your income depends on video views. You have to have a thousand views before you start earning money. So if you are not a celebrity or a popular person, you need to put-up a lot of work and wait for a few months to gain thousands of views. In order to achieve the required views, you need to get a lot of subscribers to your Youtube channel. Everytime you upload a new video, your subscribers will be notified to watch your new video. If you have 10,000 subscribers then you can expect at least 90% of your subscribers to watch your new video. Creating a Youtube account and uploading videos is easy but monetizing your Youtube videos take time and requires a lot of efforts if you don’t have a previous fan base. Youtube requires some golden rules to follow in order for a Youtuber to monetize his/her Youtube Channel. These rules are:
- You need to have 1,000 channel subscribers
- Your videos have generated 4,000 watch hours over the last 12 months.
- You have an AdSense account.
- You strictly follow video copyright policies.
- Facebook Ads – If you have at least 10,000 followers in Facebook then you can start monetizing your video contents. Facebook runs paid ads from business owners. If your account qualifies for Facebook monetization, then you can earn money on your video uploads. To check if you quality, search Join Ad Break page and follow the instructions.
How To Earn Money with Online Selling/E-commerce.
There are a lot of ways to make money online by selling your stuff on e-commerce platform such a Amazon, Ebay, Shopify and Etsy, to name the top merchants.
- How To Sell in Amazon
Amazon is the number one online selling platform in 2019 and so far in 2020. It was founded on July 5, 1994 by Jeff Bezos in Bellevue, Washington USA. Jeff Bezos became the top#1 Richest Man in the world as of 2019 according to Forbes.
- To sell in Amazon, you have to register for an account. After registering an account, login and on the navigation menu on top, look for Sell and click it. On the next page, you will be prompted to create for an Amazon Seller Central account. Click here for full instruction.
- How To Sell in Ebay
Ebay is an online selling and auction platform founded by Pierre Omidyar in September, 1995 where you can sell your old, unwanted or unused clothes, shoes, jackets, gadgets, kitchen wares, household stuff, office supplies skincare and cosmetic products and everything you can think off. Omidyar is an American, French, Iranian billionaire entrepreneur, computer scientist and philanthropist.
- To sell your stuff in Ebay, all you need to do is to register for an account. After creating an account, you can start uploading your images and start selling your products. With ebay, you don’t need to pay an upfront money to pay for the subscription. It’s about selling and paying later. Ebay will send you an invoice.
- There are two ways to sell on Ebay. First and the original type of selling is through auction and the other type is through buy now option. (Read the complete instruction on how to sell products in Ebay)
- How To Sell In Etsy
Etsy is another e-commerce platform founded by Robert Kalin, Chris Maguire, Haim Schoppik, and later Jared Tarbell in a Brooklyn apartment. It was launched on June 18, 2005. This e-commerce marketplace allows individual vendors or even companies to sell their handmade, homemade or vintage products with categories such as clothing, bags, shoes, jewelries, home decor and furniture, tools, supplies, toys and many others.
- To sell in Etsy, as the standard procedure goes, visit the Etsy website and register for a new account. After registering for an account, on the navigation menu on top of the page, click the link Sell on Etsy, then click Open you Etsy Shop. (Read the complete instruction on how to sell products in Etsy)
- How To Sell In Shopify.
Shopify is another e-commerce platform to make money online by selling products online. This is a Canadian company based in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada and founded by Tobias Lütke, Daniel Weinand, and Scott Lake. The company was founded in 2004 and launched in June, 2006.
- Selling in Shopify gives an option of a 90 Day Free Trial. To start your money making journey with shopify, you need to create a shopify seller account and avail the 90 Day Free Trial offer. With Shopify, you can be creative with your store. This platform is built to allow sellers to create their own shopping store layout and decorate the store with available elements and functionalities. You are also asked to create your subdomain name. After doing so, you can start adding products. Added applications are available for you to explore to expand visibility of your products for optizimation and conversion. (Read the complete instruction on how to sell products in Shopify)
Earn Money Online with Affiliate Programs
Aside from Social Media and Online Selling opportunities, another way to make money online is through Affiliate Programs. What is an affiliate program and how does it work?
To give you an overview, an affiliate program caters to website owners or blogsite owners who help companies promote their products and services through sharing a link that compensates you with a commission everytime the link generates sales. Commission ranges from 1% to 5%, 10% and even 75% depending on how generous the company is.
Below is a list of some online companies offering Affiliate Programs and How to become an affiliate.
- Amazon Associates – you can apply to amazon associates if you have a website, blogsite or a youtube channel. Amazon Associates provides a wide variety of product links that you can share in your website. For example, the link that you shared in your website is a picture of a laptop. After the visitor clicks the laptop image, he will be taken into the amazon laptop page where the laptop is on sale. When your website visitor buys the laptop, amazon will give you a commission for that sale. Click here to learn how to set-up your Amazon affiliate account and start earning commission with amazon affiliate.
- Shopify Affiliate Program – Shopify Affiliate Program pays publisher a commission for each new seller sign-up being referred. Basically, this is a referral program. According to the Shopify website, affiliates can earn an average amount of $58 for each reseller sign-up for a paid monthly plan. Click here to start with your application.