HOW TO ORGANIZE YOUR TRIP TO TRAVEL SMOOTHLY AND SAFELY
Below Are Some Helpful Travel Tips For Your Reference
- Scan all your important travel documents, save it as a PDF file, send it to your e-mail address and save it to an external hardrive or memory stick and keep the back-up in a safe place. Make a copy and leave the original in your room or in the hote’ls safety deposit box. Bring with you the photo copy wherever you go. Incase you lose it while on tour, you can always look for an internet cafe around, check your email where you sent the copy of your documents, download and print it.
- Equip yourself with travel security pouches, money belts or the like to ensure additional safety for your money and valuable belongings.
- If you are coming from a foreign country travelling with a laptop computer, you have a lot of different options to choose from to be able to communicate with your love ones miles away or across the globe for a cheaper rate or even for free.
- You can avail the free video calling, video chat and video conferencing apps from Zoom Meeting, Skype, Google Duo, best video chat for Android users, Discord, best video chat for gamers, FaceTime, best video chat app for iPhone users, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp.
- All you need to do is go to their website and install the software. When installation is done, you have to restart your computer to ensure the software is properly installed and won’t cause a problem.
- Another option is to sign-up with VOIP Calling Services like Magic Jack or Vonage for US, Canada & Europe Travelers. Read online product reviews to help you decide which one to sign-up.
- If you are a 3G user, you have to contact your service provider and ask for international roaming rates and features because obviously charges could be very high and will definitely hurt your budget.
- Be sure to have your cellphone open or have it unlocked 2 weeks before your travel date to enable you to insert a simcard from other service provider. Call your provider and find out if they offer cellphone unlocking for free. If not, you can shop for cheaper cellphone unlocking services in your area or you can do it when you arrive in your destination.
- Signing up for an international roaming feature with your service provider could be more expensive. When you get to your destination, shop for prepaid simcard around the city. Prepaid cards are sold in much cheaper prices. If you had your cellphone unlocked before you left your country then you will be able to use it with local simcards.
- Visit your physician a few weeks before your departure and let him know about your travel plans so he could give you significant advice on how to prepare yourself regarding health issues and make sure all routine shots and immunizations are updated. Review all medications with your doctor and see to it that you have enough medication and supplements to cover your entire trip.
- Contact your insurance career for international insurance coverage. Let them know you are traveling abroad. If your policy does not apply to international coverage, you may consider supplemental insurance.
- Pick up all Travel Necessities such as : pain reliever, diarrhea medication, motion sickness medication, band aid/bandage pack, hand sanitizer,wipes, small flash light or penlight, cellphone, cellphone charger and etc.
- Be sure to wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds when deemed necessary to avoid becoming sick. Becoming ill during your trip could spoil the fun and keep you from enjoying and exploring the the beautiful places has to offer. You should be aware that diseases can be easily transmitted from door knobs, using the restroom, railings, getting on a bus, and staying in public areas. Always wash your hands before you eat.
- It is recommended to notify family members and close friends about your travel plan and provide at least one of them a copy of your itinerary and your contact numbers in case of emergency.
- Check with the airport for parking rates i.e. short, long.economy or off-air parking.
- To save money, you can ask a family member or a friend to take you to the airport or seaport.
- To prepare yourself in the event of an emergency, upon boarding the aircraft or the boat/ship, take note of all emergency exits. Pay extra attention on all emergency instructions and participate in emergency drills conducted by the attendant. Make sure you know how to operate all the emergency devices. Don’t hesitate to ask the attendant if you have some questions. You may find it boring and uninteresting but you have to understand that everything you learn in this emergency drill is your only knight and shinning armor in case of emergency. The moment you step into the aircraft’s/vessel’s doorstep, you never know what another minute awaits for you. Read the aircraft emergency procedure manual completely. Your knowledge can save you. Learn the basics and you can sit back, relax and enjoy your flight.
- Check out for the day’s weather forecast before leaving your hotel.
- Don’t carry a large amount of money.
- It is wiser if you carry your ATM since ATM machines are available in some places but don’t use them in over exposed areas and in late hours.
- Don’t wear excessive jewelries as they always call for snatchers’ and robbers’ attention.
- Tie your camera or cellphone around your wrist or neck.
- Always keep a bottled water and hand towel handy. Upon purchase, check if the bottle is sealed. When the bottle is empty, poke a hole on it so that it can not be refilled and sold as new.
It is recommended that you have to do a research about Traveler’s Rules and Regulations imposed on the country you are traveling to, Customs and Import Restrictions