I Am Suffering From Hair Loss. What could have caused it and how to treat hair loss?
- Hair loss could be minimal or in some cases it could be severe. Fortunately, it may be stopped when Thyroid Disease is treated properly.Severe Emotional Stress – may cause hair follicles to enter into “Resting Phase” which results in hair fall out. This could be temporary. Hair growth may be experienced in a few months time.
- Thyroid Gland Malfunction- Thyroid problems may cause hair loss. Hair loss may result from either hypothyroidism( Underproduction of Thyroxin) or hyperthyroidism (Overproduction of Thyroxin).
Hair loss may be an effect of anything involving changes in Hormone Level. This could be :
- ormonal Imbalance – when male or female hormones such as androgens and estrogens are out of balance. Signs of hormonal imbalance in female includes excess facial or body hair. This can be the cause of hair fall out. Hair loss may be stopped when the imbalance will be corrected. A physician should be consulted.
- After Pregnancy – most women experience minor hair loss which usually occur 3 months after delivery. Hair loss is commonly linked to pregnancy. This may not be a serious condition that leads to baldness or permanent hair loss. This may be due to a vitamin or mineral deficiency during pregnancy. In most cases, hair will return to normal approximately 9 – 12 months after delivery. There are a few recommendations that may help reduce hair loss during pregnancy and after delivery. You should check it out.
- Taking or Discontinuation of Birth Control Pills – We conducted a massive research in Online Forums regarding women taking Birth Control Pills linked to Hair Loss. We found out that the effect was not unanimous. Some women who were taking Birth Control Pills gained a fuller Hair than usual while some start shedding hair upon taking the pills. Their were also women who started losing hair when they discontinued taking the pills. Hair should go back to normal growth after it has stopped falling out. If it doesn’t, see your doctor or dermatologist for treatment recommendations. You can also start applying hair regrower which are available in the market.
- Abortion or Miscarriage – triggers sudden changes in the Hormone Level so Hair Loss is expected. The Hair which are in “Growth Phase” suddenly enters the “Resting Phase” which causes hair fall out approximately 3 months after abortion or miscarriage. Hair will return to normal 9 – 12 months after miscarriage or abortion.
- Medication – There are certain types of medication that can cause hair loss. If you are on medication and suddenly experiences hair loss, you have to immediately inform your doctor so that he can conduct proper evaluation and further diagnosis on your condition. He might as well ask you to stop taking the medication. Read How To Stop Hair Loss For Men and Women
#HairLoss #ForMen #ForWomen #HairLossCauses #HairLoss Treatment